We hope we meet your needs
We have included our accessibility statement to help visitors with disabilities to decide if our property is suitable for your needs. Please feel free to ask further questions through our enquiry form. We are happy to help in any way we can.
- The approach to the property is flat, as is the back garden.
- The front of the property is paved, with enough room to park 3-4 cars
- The front door is on the side of the property, along a 3ft wide pathway with the property on one side, and a 2ft 6ins high wall on the other.
- There is also access via a back door, which has more room to manoeuvre on the outside, but this has an approx 6ins high and 1 foot wide step to negotiate (up and down) at the entrance.
- It may not be possible to operate the key safe from a wheelchair ( it is located on a window ledge 4ft 6ins above the ground), but alternative arrangements may be made to pick up the key if required.
- Numbers on the key safe are also small and might be difficult to read. The buttons which need to be pressed are in two rows, and it would be possible to supply a pattern for the code in addition to the numbers if required.
- The parking area is paved and there is parking for 3-4 cars
- There is an outside light to the side of the property, but this needs to be switched on from inside the house.
- The route from the parking area to the front door is flat with no steps.
- Parking is for the sole use of visitors to the house.
- There is a normal door lip on the front door but no step. However it might be difficult to manoeuvre through 90 degrees in the small space of the path.
- The back door has a wide step 6 ins by approx 1 foot wide into the garden room. There is then a door sill into the kitchen.
- Doors are conventional UPVC construction with lever handles.
- The immediate floor surface is carpet.
- The majority of the floors in the house are carpeted.
- The kitchen floor is tiled, the garden room and one of the twin bedrooms have wood laminate flooring, and the bathrooms have vinyl flooring.
- There are stairs to the first floor, where the bedrooms and the main bathroom are accessed.
- The internal doors have gold coloured level handles on a white gloss paint background.
- Most of the walls are painted a light colour, so there is not a high degree of contrast between the doors and the walls in most cases.
- The bathroom dorrs have a small rotating lock as part of the handle mechanism. The lock mechanism required a quarter turn.
- Doors open inwards into the rooms.
- There are 13 stairs of normal height and width
- There is a hand rail to one side.
- Lighting can be controlled from the top or bottom of the stairs.
- There are four bedrooms and they are all on the first floor.
- One bedroom has a king size bed and the rest are twins.
- Bedroom furniture is moveable, with two bedrooms having built in, recessed wardrobes.
- Windows are tilt and turn. The handles are lever type, and are located 5ft 4ins above the floor.
- One twin room has wood laminate flooring, the other bedrooms have carpet.
- There is uniform lighting from a central ceiling light, and there are also bedside reading lamps.
- All the rooms are large with access to both sides of each bed.
- There is one main bathroom upstairs, and a cloakroom with full size toilet and wash hand basin on the ground floor. There is standard vinyl flooring in the bathrooms
- The main bathroom has a 3ft by 3ft shower cubicle with an inward folding bi-fold door, as well as a corner bath.
- A slip resistant bath mat is available.
- There a no grab rails around the toilet, bath or shower.
- The taps in the upstairs bathroom have twist top handles
- The taps in the downstairs bathroom have lever handles
- Lighting is via a main ceiling light.
- The bathroom doors have a small rotating lock as part of the handle mechanism. The lock requires a quarter turn.
- The boiler is wall mounted inside a cupboard in the upstairs bathroom. The controls for this are at the bottom of the boiler.
- There is a mixture of comfortable chairs in the four communal areas.
- The garden room has spotlights and the other rooms have central ceiling lights supplemented with a range of wall and table lamps.
- The television has a remote control.
- There is a range of floor and wall mounted cupboards
- The mixer tap has lever handles
- The oven controls are located above the oven, on the front of the cooker (below the hobs). The gas hobs are lit with a gas lighter, or matches rather than electronic ignition.
- The oven door opens downwards
- All appliances are floor mounted.
- The washing machine and dryer are in the garden room.
- Service dogs are welcome at the property.